Grit Coaching Options
Premium level coaching is for riders that want to be sure the training they are doing is the most effective. Once goals are set and the annual plan has been created with the basic structure. You then get weekly check-ins and regular weekly analysis of your training. Adjustments are made regularly if needed to make sure life and training are in sync.
This Package includes.
- Goal setting and annual training plan to give you a sense of direction
- Custom training programme delivered via Training Peaks
- Weekly analysis and feedback summaries
- Access to the Grit Academy members area
- Access to all group training rides, clinics and group training sessions.
Equipment needed to get started.
- Downloadable cycle computer (Garmin, Wahoo bolt etc..)
- Heart rate strap and or power meter (Having a power meter helps but not essential)
Basic coaching offers you structure and focus without regular coach interaction. It also allows you become part of the Grit community and join group training sessions, bunch rides and closed group FB community.
You will get a personalised training programme on your Training Peaks account.
This package includes
- Custom training programme delivered by Training Peaks
- Monthly catch up via Zoom video call
- Access to all group rides, clinics and group training sessions
- Access to Grit Members Area
Equipment needed to get started
- Cycle computer that at least measures HR, Speed, Distance and time. (Training Peaks uses downloadable cycle computers like Garmin, Wahoo etc..)
The Grit Academy membership allows you to come and train with us. At Grit Coaching our main service is putting together structured programmes, however, we also put on a lot of group training sessions, social rides and show up to a lot of events.
We understand that not everyone needs a structured programme all of the time. So now you can join the group for a small $10 pw fee.
We offer regular training rides and support at certain events. We run group workouts on Zwift, group road rides and training sessions, skills clinics and camps.
Being a Grit member also gets you special discounts on the latest Specialized Grit kit and discounts with a few select cycling brands.
Follow the link to sign up.
This consult includes a 1hour meeting in person or via Skype depending on location. During this time the select coach will analyse your current training, get to know you and your goals and if needed help you set smart goals.
Within a few days, you will receive an annual plan with guidelines on specific areas of focus throughout the year, including phases of training, types of workouts to focus on, and advice on how to structure your weeks. This consult will provide you with a road map to go away and fill in the detail and start working towards your events with confidence.
It is recommended to do a follow-up consult every 8-12weeks. This helps to keep you accountable and allow for any corrections.
- 1x 1hour in person or Skype meeting
- Clear and defined goals with a set of actionable process goals
- A detailed document with specific tips and guidelines to help improve your training.
- Annual Plan with recommendations on phases of training, when to test and how best to structure training.
- 1x 1 Month Premium Training Peaks Subscription
- 1x 1 Month access to the Grit Academy
Logan brings over 15years of racing experience both domestically and internationally as well as a degree in sport and exercise science from AUT university. Plus Logan has the experience of coaching 100+ athletes to success in National and World age group championships, international stage races, ultra distance events like Trans Continental and hundreds of goals achieved in many other events around the world and in NZ. Logan has ridden just about every event in NZ and knows what is required for all of them.
Emma Hadley, the other half of the coaching team, has a real passion for working with female riders to achieve their cycling goals. Along with Mark Taylor from Mt Eden Cycles she has created a womens cycling group which has helped 100's of women get into cycling over the past 3years. Emma loves all things cycling from road biking, off road mountain biking, gravel adventure to ultra distance cycling events (She is the current Womens Taupo Maxi Enduro 630km record holder). Emma offers knowledge and support and will give you the confidence to achieve even the biggest goals.